Handling & Distribution of Pesticides
Award Type: Minor
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to supply, store, handle and distribute pesticides in accordance with the requirements of current European and national legislation and guidelines.
Learners will be able to:
- Outline the storage, handling, distribution and disposal requirements for pesticides as required by current legislation.
- Identify pesticides according to their specific properties and uses.
- Examine the hazards and risks associated with different pesticides to human health, animal health, non target plants, organisms, beneficial insects and the environment.
- Identify symptoms of pesticide poisoning and first aid measures required.
- Define the roles and duties of a Pesticide Distributor as outlined within current legislation and guidelines.
- Explain the key requirements of current legislation governing the management and operation of pesticide stores.
- Outline the preparation, operation, maintenance and storage of pesticide application equipment including mounted boom and hand held sprayers as required under legislation.
- Develop operational and reporting procedures for the supply, handling, storage and distribution of pesticides in line with current legislation.
- Maintain the required stock movement documentation and record keeping, including Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Implement emergency procedures to protect human health and environment in the event of fire, accidental spillage or contamination.
- Implement processes for safe storage and disposal of obsolete and damaged product and packaging in compliance with waste legislation.
- Maintain stock within the store to ensure compliance with current Pesticide Control Service product approval lists.
- Develop a stor’s evacuation plan in the event of an emergency.
- Contribute to the formation and review of the Emergency Action Plan (EAP).
- Comply with current legislative requirements in the operation of a pesticide store.
- Implement and communicate the appropriate actions under the EAP to a range of people, including; employees, customers and the emergency services
Get in touch with us today.
Got a question about the course? Our team will happily answer all your questions. Simply fill out this contact form and a member of our team will be back to you as soon as possible.