Info on QQI
Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) and the NFQ
QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland) is the independent State agency responsible for promoting quality and accountability in education and training services in Ireland. It was established in 2012 by the Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012.
What does QQI do?
- Maintains the ten-level NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications).
- Sets standards for awards made on the NFQ.
- Validates education and training programmes.
- Makes awards in the further education and higher education sectors.
- Provides advice on recognition of foreign qualifications in Ireland and on the recognition of Irish qualifications abroad.
- Publishes a directory of providers and awards in the NFQ.
- Reviews the effectiveness of quality assurance in further and higher education and training providers in Ireland.
- Authorises the use of an International Education Mark.
- The information leaflet on the QQI website QQI – Who We Are and What We Do provides an overview of QQI services and the organisations it works with.